Sunday, August 15, 2010

To New York and Back!

So, for our family vacation this year we decided to drive (yes drive) to New York. My dad and my stepmom and little sister live there and that is where Rob and I met.
We did our research and discovered that it would be cheaper to drive than fly. So, we packed up the jeep and started our adventure. On our way to New York we stopped in Fremont, Michigan, to stay with my Grandma for 2 days. My mom was also visiting, we had so much fun there. My grandma lives on creek that goes into a beautiful lake. Katie got to go fishing with my mom and Rob out on the paddle boat, she caught several fish. There was also napping and eating and enjoying family!

On day 6 we made it to New York. We stayed in NY for 7 days ( not long enough). We had so much fun. Rob and I got to spend a lot of time with my little sister Emily, who is 10 and a cute, funny and wonderful little girl. We got to go swimming almost everyday in their pool. We went shopping, took family pictures and had the chance to go visit my Grandpa and my Great Grandma, which is Katie and Lexie's Great Grandpa and Great Great Grandma, we took a 5 generation picture, Amazing!

Rob was also able to go to the University of Rochester, which is where he did his undergrad work! He went and visited with old professors and a few friends. I was able to go visit my very good friend Mindy, she is such an amazing woman, mother, wife and friend. She has such a sweet spirit and I always look forward to seeing her. We miss our New York family very much and treasure the time we had with them!

Our time in the car to NY and back was really fun and the girls were great, it went much better then I thought! Overall we had a wonderful and time and made a lot of great memories and also stayed in a few sketchy Motel 6 :)


Here are a few Pictures from our trip!

2 comments:

Ashlie Grow said...

K I love road trips... but driving across the whole country... with 2 kids!!! you are a brave women! looks like a fun trip :-) glad to see you guys are doing well!

Stephanie said...

Fun! I can't wait until I get to make that trip. I would love to be driving to NY. I am glad you updated your blog.